Katie Holmes Keeping Life In ‘perspective’

The actress and rising fashion star has opened up about her split.

Katie Holmes, 33, whose divorce from 50-year-old Rock of Agesstar Tom Cruise was finalised in August, spoke to Women's Wear Daily about her high-profile split.

She explained: "I have a lot of feelings about the press. There are a lot of people with much bigger problems and who are less fortunate.

"I try to keep it all in perspective."

Newly-single after six years of marriage, Holmes said she is adjusting to her life by embracing her new projects, from her fashion line to upcoming acting roles, without the fear of failing.

She explained: "Who cares? At least you tried. It's usually the people who haven't tried who are the naysayers."

Holmes also opened up about being a crafty mother to 6-year-old daughter Suri.

She said: "I spray-paint shoe racks, because, why not? [Sometimes] I think, 'Oh, I'm a great mom' - and then it doesn't really pan out the way I think it's going to.

"But the intention's there. I've always painted and done crafts at home--I have to stay creative in every aspect [of my life]."

While the world is waiting to see who Holmes will date next, an insider revealed to Us Weekly that the Romantics actress is 'not dating nor is she interested in dating yet'.

The source added: "She's just getting her life together and focusing on her daughter."