Adrian Peterson Rushing Record

Adrian Peterson peeked up at the video board at the end of his 82-yard touchdown run and saw St. Louis Rams players trailing far behind him.
And with each fancy high-step to cap it off, the Minnesota Vikings running back moved closer to the NFL rushing record.
Peterson piled up a season-best 212 yards on 24 carries in a 36-22 victory Sunday. He has a career-best 1,812 yards rushing, leaving him 294 shy of breaking the mark of 2,105 set by the Los Angeles Rams' Eric Dickerson in 1984.
"Yeah, it's been in my sights," Peterson said. "I'm not focusing on it. It's in the back of my head that, hey, I definitely want to accomplish that.

"I look at today's game, and I could have had 300."
  • Rams running back Steven Jackson became the 15th player in league history to reach 10,000 yards rushing with the same team.
    Tributes to victims: Two days after 20 children and six adults were shot to death at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., teams across the NFL honored the victims' memory by asking for a moment of silence and darkening their scoreboards.
    New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz, after learning that he was the favorite player of one 6-year-old victim, wrote "R.I.P. Jack Pinto," "Jack Pinto, my hero" and "This one is for you" on his shoes.
    In St. Louis, the players who wear No. 26 -- Rams running back Daryl Richardson and Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield --
    joined hands in a circle with their coaches at midfield before their game, surrounded by dozens of children wearing jerseys.
    Redskins: Quarterback Robert Griffin III didn't enjoy being a spectator even if his replacement, Kirk Cousins, directed a victory over Cleveland.
    "I was not happy with the decision," said Griffin, who has a sprained right knee and was informed Saturday night of the plan to start Cousins. "That's the decision they went with, and I respect that. It doesn't mean I have to necessarily like it. I feel like I could have played this week, next week, the week after. But that's not my decision."
    Cowboys: Nose tackle Josh Brent was on the sideline with his teammates, a week after a fatal car crash that killed a practice squad member.
    Brent, the driver in a one-car crash that killed Jerry Brown, was placed on the reserve/non-football illness list last week. He faces charges in the death of Brown, his close friend.

    Source :  http://www.mercurynews.com/other-sports/ci_22206166/nfl-minnesota-vikings-adrian-peterson-has-nfl-season