Mandy patinkin zach braff

Mandy patinkin zach braff, Homeland star Mandy Patinkin has teamed up with Zach Braff to play his character’s father in Braff’s upcoming film I Wish I Was Here after the film was successfully funded on Kickstarter.



Homeland fans who also share some love for Zach Braff will be ecstatic that Mandy Patinkin, favourably known as Saul Berenson on Showtime’s hit series will be joining Braff to play his character’s father in I Wish I Was Here


Braff announced the news on his Facebook page earlier today and declared that Patinkin has been one of his favourite actors of all time. Braff’s announcement is as follows:

“Dear Friends,When I was a child, my favorite movie was ‘The Princess Bride.’ Now that I am an adult, my favorite TV show is ‘Homeland.’ They have one thing in common: one of my favorite actors of all time is joining us to play my father: Mandy Patinkin.

This is the first piece of casting news regarding I Wish I Was Here and we’re excited to see whether we will see Patinkin pull off yet another sterling job.

His work as Saul Berenson on Homeland feels fitting to be playing a father figure once again, as his wisdom that deeply connects to Carrie Mathison, the leading lady in Showtime’s hit series. This seems like a very logical appointment from Braff.

And, what a privilege for Braff, he’s been a long admirer of Patinkin since his days of adoring The Princess Bride, and now he can fully sculpt and re-imagine his dream of creating the film that’s been successfully funded on Kickstarter, with 10 days still to run.