Lohan on Leno

After receiving a 120-day jail sentence for violating her probation, Lindsay Lohan popped by the Tonight Show on Monday to tape a surprise interview with Jay Leno -- and the friendly crowd reportedly even greeted the embattled 24-year-old actress with a rousing standing ovation.
In the chat, which is set to air Tuesday night on NBC, LiLo opens up about her experience at the hearing, telling Leno that she finds her punishment "shocking" and feels "kind of
numb" about it.
When asked for her feelings about the sentence, Lohan replies, "I think that when, you know, being young and being in the position I was in, you don't really take the time to appreciate what you have and it's all kind of a whirlwind, and people make decisions for you. But I'm not a kid anymore -- I'm 24. I've made a lot of mistakes and I recognize that. I'm in the clear now, and I feel like as long as I stay focused, then I will be able to achieve what I want to achieve."
Having received many offers to appear on talk shows since the hearing last Friday, Lohan decided to go with Leno because, as a source close to Lohan tells TMZ, "(Leno) has been nothing but good to her and her family over the years... and has always been protective of her." Apparently the Tonight Show audience felt the same way, what with that supportive standing ovation.
Along with her jail sentence, Lohan is also required to perform 360 hours of community service, including janitorial work at the L.A. County Department of Coroner's facility, a.k.a. the morgue. Lohan is currently out of jail on $75,000 bail while her lawyer appeals the sentence. Lindsay is due bakck in court June 3 to fight misdemeanor charges stemming from her alleged theft of a $2,500 necklace.