Jesus look-alike kicked out

Jesus look-alike Nathan James became the seventh finalist to leave Superstars after being sent packing by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Monday night 23rd July.

Hunky Nathan James was kicked off TV talent contest Superstar in a shock result on Monday night, after a tense sing-off with fellow hopeful Roger Wright.

The two men found themselves battling to remain in the competition after the public failed to
show them mercy, with the men receiving the lowest number of votes. Nathan and Roger presented Andrew Lloyd Webber with a heavenly rendition of Love Changes Everything, but the Good Lord decided it was time for rock god Nathan to leave. He told host Amanda Holden: “This is not easy. Despite a fantastic performance [from
Nathan] I’ve got to save Roger.”

After hearing the news, a clearly disappointed Nathan spoke of one of his biggest highlights in the competition, saying: “When we found out we were going to be singing with Gary Barlow in rehearsals that was really that was really scary it was kind of a milestone for me; to say I’ve sung with Gary Barlow is incredible. I really enjoyed it.”
He then added: “I would like to say thank you for all your comments, I really tried to take them on board and I really tried to do my best. I’m sorry if it wasn’t enough. And thank you to everybody at home for voting. That’s the first time I’ve been in the bottom two and that is a real achievement, it means people out there really care about me.”

After hearing that he had been saved by the Andrew, Roger said: “This is emotional, any one of us five could play Jesus. Nathan is phenomenal.”

Nathan was one of the most talked-about contestants in the series, with a natural rock talent that impressed the judges night after night.Despite being voted off, he rocked out big time on Monday night with Lady GaGa’s Born This Way, prompting Dawn to exclaim: “You’re riding high Nathan, you’re mind-blowing talented.” Nathan has been a true star throughout the run of Superstar. Last Monday he delivered a sexy rendition of Dedication to My Ex by Lloyd, which on him praise from the judges, although they warned him not to be overly confident.

In a way I do find this strange, in one breath the viewers should vote for the one person who can play ''Jesus'' not there favourite, in another breath the rules are changed to suite, the right people, so lets keep Roger in the competition !!  In my opinion not the right choice, but then again all the ''contestants'' come from ''established'' backgrounds already, what can I say.