Triplets all in jail

According to the Smoking Gun, Deshawn and Juronn were convicted Monday for robbery and conspiracy and are currently in jail. The charges reportedly came from an incident in 2010 in which they stole money and a cell phone from a man. Devon has been locked up since last year for home invasion, weapons possession, and assault with intent to commit murder. If sentenced to prison, Deshawn and Jurron will join him at the Saginaw Correctional Facility where he's imprisoned until at least 2042. What a tragic family reunion that would be.


It's serious stuff for sure and pretty remarkable that triplets would all be incarcerated together, but I can't help but think about their mother and what a nightmare this would be for any parent.


It's hard enough to imagine one of your children committing such heinous acts, and then having them locked up from society, away from you. But to have THREE of your children follow that path is unthinkable.

I know nothing about this woman, nor what role she had in raising them, but I imagine if she is alive she is filled with regrets, guilt, and questions about where she went wrong. She may not be to blame for their behavior, but I know if one of my children went to jail there would be no way I wouldn't blame myself in part. If they all did ... I can't even imagine.

That's not to say that all people to go to jail have bad parents by any means. Sometimes no matter what parents do, their children go astray. Whenever I see stories of crimes being committed, like the Oregon mall shooting yesterday, I think first of course of the victims, but then always of the assailant's parents. I imagine their pain in knowing they love and raised someone who could do something this horrific, and I can't help but feeling some sympathy for them as well. So while, like I said, I don't know anything about the Shivers triplets' mother. But that doesn't stop me from thinking of her and wondering what she may be going through now.